All MOT tests are undertaken at our Moulton Park site and any work we deem necessary is only started with the express permission and understanding of our customer. We always advise of any costs before starting any work on your vehicle.
Check your MOT status
Click the link below to check your MOT status using the .Gov website.
Check MOT Status
How is your vehicle checked during an MOT test?
During an MOT Test, the examiner will check many areas of the vehicle, including bodywork, emissions and safety features, the test ensures that your vehicle meets road safety and environmental standards.
Below are the main areas that are covered:
- Lighting and Signalling Equipment (Inc fog lamps & reversing lights)
- Steering (including suspension)
- Tyres and Road Wheels
- Seat Belts
- Body, Structure and General Items
- Exhaust, Fuel and Emissions
- Drivers View of the Road
- Noise suppression material
- Undertray security
- Emission control equipment:
- Engine malfunction indicator lamp
- Diesel particulate filter (DPF) tampering
- Fluid leaks - engine, transmission and so on
Book your MOT test with Under The Bonnet today, call our expert team in Northampton on 01604 499790.